Coalton Elementary School is located in the heart of the Roaring Creek Community. As a small community school, we believe that communication and collaboration between students, staff, parents, families, community members, business partners, and outside agencies and organizations will enable us to meet the needs of all students and encourage healthy growth and development. Our goal is to work together to help students become respectful, responsible, safe and successful citizens who understand the importance of being active participants in their community and giving back. Our growth and success have been recognized by the West Virginia Department of Education, as we have been designated a Success School for the past two years . Our success is a direct result of the implementation of our Support for Personalized Learning and Positive Behavior Support Programs, which help us to identify and address individual student needs in the areas of academics, behavior, and social and emotional development.
Monthly Newsletter & Calendar
Kindergarten Registration Tuesday, april 11th
- Your child must be 5 years old by August 31st to attend Kindergarten.
- If your child attended a Randolph County Collaborative Pre-School as a 4 year old, they will automatically be enrolled in Kindergarten.
- If your child did not attend a Randolph County Collaborative Pre-School, you will need to stop by the school in your attendance zone after March 1, 2017 and pick up a Registration Packet for Kindergarten from the School Principal or Secretary.
- Make an appointment with your school principal to attend Application Day.
- Application Days will be held at each Elementary School.
- Complete the forms in your packet and return them to your School on Application Day in March/April. Please refer to the schedule to the right.
- You do need to bring your child with you to Application Day. This will give him/her an opportunity to visit his/her school, meet the staff and complete screenings.
- Bring your child’s birth certificate, immunization record, health check report, dental screening and your completed Registration Packet with you to Application Day.
- You will be meeting with Kindergarten Teacher(s), the School Nurse, and the Speech Therapist to complete all required paperwork for entrance to school.
- We will now have school on Monday, February 20th and Tuesday, February 21st to make up for the two snow days we have missed.
- Class pictures and individual spring photos will be taken on Tuesday, February 28th. Class photos are $5.00 each. The money to purchase a class picture is due on picture day. (Checks may be paid payable to Coalton Elementary School. You do not have to add tax.) All children will also have an individual spring portrait taken on this day. They will receive these individual portraits in a package a few weeks later. You may choose to purchase some or all the photos from the individual package and send the corresponding amount of money to school. If you choose not to purchase the package or to only purchase a portion of the package, YOU MUST RETURN THE PICTURES YOU DO NOT WISH TO PURCHASE. You will be billed for any individual pictures not returned or paid for in a timely fashion.
- The PTA will hold their annual Pancake Breakfast on Saturday, March 18th at the St. Patrick's Parish Hall in Coalton from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- The 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade classes will host a Lula Roe Bingo at the Coalton Volunteer Fire Department on Saturday, April 1st from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Third grade will host a color run 5k at Riverbend Park on Saturday, April 15th at 9:00 a.m.
- The PTA will be hosting a basket bingo on Saturday, April 30th at the Coalton VFD. Concessions will open at noon. Bingo will begin at 1:00.
- The Randolph County Kids Run will take place on Saturday, May 6th. The time will be announced at a later date.
- Arrival and Dismissal Reminders:
- Please remember that if your child's pick-up plan changes on a daily basis, you are responsible for reviewing the plan with him/her each morning and writing a note to the teacher. The office is a very busy place and cannot take daily calls to inform students of where they are to go after school each day.
- Please make sure you are following the correct traffic pattern for morning drop off and evening pick up. If you are not, it creates a safety hazard for you, your child, the buses, the staff on duty, and the parents and families who are correctly following the plan. Also, please make sure everyone who might drop off or pick up your child is aware of both traffic patterns. If you are unsure of the traffic patterns, call the school for clarification.
- Parents are not permitted to enter the school building in the mornings unless they have a pre-arranged meeting with a staff member or need to help their child carry in an over-sized project.
- Instruction begins at 8:10 a.m. if you are dropping your child off after 8:08, he/she will not be able to get to class on time.
- PLEASE OBEY THE 15 MPH SPEED LIMIT IN FRONT OF THE SCHOOL. OUR CHILDREN'S SAFETY DEPENDS UPON IT.
Thank you for your continued support of our school:
- Mike Ross Inc.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken
- Roaring Creek Lion's Club
- Family Dental Practice