Coalton Elementary School is located in the heart of the Roaring Creek Community. As a small community school, we believe that communication and collaboration between students, staff, parents, families, community members, business partners, and outside agencies and organizations will enable us to meet the needs of all students and encourage healthy growth and development. Our goal is to work together to help students become respectful, responsible, safe and successful citizens who understand the importance of being active participants in their community and giving back. Our growth and success have been recognized by the West Virginia Department of Education, as we have been designated a Success School for the past two years . Our success is a direct result of the implementation of our Support for Personalized Learning and Positive Behavior Support Programs, which help us to identify and address individual student needs in the areas of academics, behavior, and social and emotional development.
Monthly Newsletter & Calendar
- November 17th-Camo Day
- November 17th-Second Nine Weeks Midterm Ends
- November 20th-24th-Thanksgiving Break
- November 30th-Title I Growth Mindsets Parent Workshop (registration now closed)
- December 11th-13th-Santa's Workshop
- December 14th-Christmas Program @ 7:00 p.m.
- December 15th-Two Hour Early Dismissal for Students
- December 22nd-End of Second Nine Weeks
- Arrival and Dismissal Reminders:
- Please remember that if your child's pick-up plan changes on a daily basis, you are responsible for reviewing the plan with him/her each morning and writing a note to the teacher. The office is a very busy place and cannot take daily calls to inform students of where they are to go after school each day.
- Please make sure you are following the correct traffic pattern for morning drop off and evening pick up. If you are not, it creates a safety hazard for you, your child, the buses, the staff on duty, and the parents and families who are correctly following the plan. Also, please make sure everyone who might drop off or pick up your child is aware of both traffic patterns. If you are unsure of the traffic patterns, call the school for clarification.
- Parents are not permitted to enter the school building in the mornings unless they have a pre-arranged meeting with a staff member or need to help their child carry in an over-sized project.
- Instruction begins at 8:10 a.m. if you are dropping your child off after 8:08, he/she will not be able to get to class on time.
- PLEASE OBEY THE 15 MPH SPEED LIMIT IN FRONT OF THE SCHOOL. OUR CHILDREN'S SAFETY DEPENDS UPON IT.
Thank you for your continued support of our school:
- Mike Ross Inc.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken
- Roaring Creek Lion's Club
- Family Dental Practice