Coalton Elementary School is located in the heart of the Roaring Creek Community. As a small community school, we believe that communication and collaboration between students, staff, parents, families, community members, business partners, and outside agencies and organizations will enable us to meet the needs of all students and encourage healthy growth and development. Our goal is to work together to help students become respectful, responsible, safe and successful citizens who understand the importance of being active participants in their community and giving back. Our success is a direct result of the implementation of our Support for Personalized Learning and Positive Behavior Support Programs, which help us to identify and address individual student needs in the areas of academics, behavior, and social and emotional development.
Extended Summer Learning Program
Please see the information below about the RCS Extended Summer Learning Program. Then, fill out the survey at the link below to indicate whether your child will or will NOT be participating. Survey responses are due Thursday, March 11th!
COALTON ELEMENTARY RE-ENTRY PLAN
Parents, please note in the re-entry plan that our start times have changed due to changes in the bus schedule. The buses have to be cleaned between groups of students. The school doors will now open at 8:20am and our school day begins at 8:30am. This means students cannot be dropped off before 8:20. The times for bus dismissal remain the same. The parent pickup time and procedure is, however, going to be different. Parents who are picking up a child should arrive by 3:10 each day following the directions in the plan. Preschool will handle parent pickup differently and Mrs. Elmore will address this individually. Please review this plan carefully.
INTERNET ACCESS POINTS
The Kids Connect Initiative has installed outdoor internet access points on each K-12 school throughout the state, including here in Randolph County. Soon there will also be one at our central office. This program has installed the same access points at libraries, state parks and (soon) national guard armories. A map of locations can be found at
The Kids Connect Initiative outdoor access points are up and running at each RCS location (except the BOE office).
Important Dates and Information
- Arrival and Dismissal Reminders
- Please remember that if your child's pick-up plan changes on a daily basis, you are responsible for reviewing the plan with him/her each morning and writing a note to the teacher. The office is a very busy place and cannot take daily calls to inform students of where they are to go after school each day.
- Please make sure you are following the correct traffic pattern for morning drop off and evening pick up. If you are not, it creates a safety hazard for you, your child, the buses, the staff on duty, and the parents and families who are correctly following the plan. Also, please make sure everyone who might drop off or pick up your child is aware of both traffic patterns. If you are unsure of the traffic patterns, call the school for clarification.
- Parents are not permitted to enter the school building in the mornings unless they have a pre-arranged meeting with a staff member or need to help their child carry in an over-sized project.
- Instruction begins at 8:10 a.m. if you are dropping your child off after 8:08, he/she will not be able to get to class on time.
- If your child is arriving late (after 8:10) they need to be signed in at the office by an adult.
- PLEASE OBEY THE 15 MPH SPEED LIMIT IN FRONT OF THE SCHOOL OUR CHILDREN'S SAFETY DEPENDS UPON IT.
Thank you for your continued support of our school:
- Roaring Creek Lion's Club
- Mountaineer Insurance Co.